As part of its all-new 2013 Lexus ES promotion, Lexus celebrates the blend of technology and style and curating eight start-up products. The automaker has rolled out the ‘Lexus Ignition’ Facebook application to raise funding for eight high-tech design products.
During four weeks,U.S.fans are encouraged to vote for its favorite product and the winner of each week will receive up to $25,000 in funding from Lexus. In total, Lexus will give up to $100,000 in funding to four fan favorites.
“With the new 2013 Lexus ES, we continue to push the boundaries of style, technology and innovation, and we are motivated to support other creative projects that exemplify this philosophy,” stated Brian Smith, Lexus vice president of marketing. “We found these innovative product ideas, but we are leaving it up to our social community to decide which companies will receive the funding.”
The eight featured products combine innovative functions and high-end design. They include:
– Carbon Fiber Folding Electric Bike for urban commuters;
– Vers 2Q, a powerful compact Bluetooth stereo sound system in a handcrafted wood cabinet;
– Urban Fidelity Airflow Mini Speakers and Subwoofer designed using eco wood construction and featuring artwork from indie artists;
– Stabil-I, the world’s first ever pocket-sized, video stabilization case for a smartphone;
– SolarPOP, a portable solar-powered smartphone and tablet charger with built-in retractable cords;
– SOLOSHOT, a mobile video recorder mount that tracks movement;
– Botiful X, a telepresence robot with edge detection;
– spnKiX M, a stand-up and sit-down foldable scooter.
The voting is available U.S. citizens only.