The Estée Lauder Companies is thrilled to announce the launch of its 2011 Global Breast Cancer Awareness (BCA) Campaign. Mrs. Evelyn H. Lauder, Senior Corporate Vice President of The Estée Lauder Companies and co-creator of the Pink Ribbon, reveals the new Campaign concept, ‘TOGETHER. Connect. Communicate. Conquer. For A Future Free of Breast Cancer.’ that builds on the 2010 BCA Campaign’s theme, ‘Connect. Communicate. Conquer. Prevent Breast Cancer One Woman At A Time.’ The new global Campaign emphasizes the power of many millions of people joining TOGETHER around the world with one voice to spread the all-important message of breast health and that early detection saves lives.
Evelyn Lauder stated, “Together we are stronger. Together we can do more. Together we can find a cure. Our 2011 BCA Campaign’s call-to-action represents the importance of people joining as one to support friends, family and loved ones to fight this terrible disease. The World Health Organization (WHO) reported in 2008 that breast cancer was one of the top five cancer-related deaths worldwide. In 2010, there were more than 2.5 million breast cancer survivors in the United States, and it is our hope that this number only continues to multiply for a future free of breast cancer.”
The global BCA Campaign transcends all cultures and ethnicities, emphasizing the collective power of working in unison to Connect with everyone we know, Communicate the importance of breast health and early detection, to Conquer this disease for a future free of breast cancer.
During October 2011, the BCA campaign will:
• Reach many millions of people worldwide. In 2010 alone, The BCA Campaign achieved an estimated 2.5 billion media impressions in more than 70 countries;
• Sell Pink Ribbon products through many of The Estée Lauder Companies’ highly sought-after beauty brands to raise awareness and funds for BCRF;
• Partner with Philips to illuminate numerous global landmarks worldwide in bright pink using LED lights;
• Illuminate approximately 200 global landmarks in bright pink lights for the 12th Anniversary Year of The BCA Campaign’s Global Landmark Illuminations Initiative, providing local relevance with a grassroots, high-touch approach. In 2010, ELC set the Guinness World Record, эMost Landmarks Illuminated for a Cause in 24 Hours.э
• Activate celebrities, politicians and other high-profile influencers worldwide as Ambassadors for The BCA Campaign’s World Pink Ribbon Ambassador (WPRA) Initiative.
The Estée Lauder Companies’ Breast Cancer Awareness Campaign is committed to helping save the lives of women and men across the globe and achieving a world free of breast cancer.